Journey: Sydney Airport to Hunter Valley
Sydney airport is situated in the suburb of Mascot, a short drive south of Sydney’s CBD. At the airport, you have a variety of travel options to get you from Sydney airport to Hunter Valley. However because Hunter Valley is some distance north of the city, not all of these options will suit everyone’s budget. That is where a chauffeured car from Car Australia can help.
Car Australia offers you a range of vehicles to get you to the Hunter Valley in a comfortable, convenient and affordable way. The convenience we offer is second to none, and with our professional chauffeurs, you will see the best of Sydney and the Hunter Valley in comfort. We operate twenty-four hours a day, so you are guaranteed reliable transport regardless of your arrival times.
More vehicle types available from our partner Hughes:
Big on style and performance, we have some of the world’s truly great sedans including BMW, Mercedes and Audi luxury models.
- Book Via Hughes
Luxury finally meets size. Come and experience our market-leading large coach service. Fantastic coach drivers perfectly match our new fleet of coaches.
- Book Via Hughes
Hunter Valley to Sydney Airport with Car Australia: Pick up and Information
Sydney airport is the biggest in the country. It is a bustling hive of activity, and the airport precinct offers a range of retail, entertainment, accommodation and dining options, as well as free Wi-Fi. Despite the airport’s size, getting to your pick up or drop off point is not as hard as you might think. With Car Australia, it only gets easier – as does your journey to the scenic Hunter Valley region.
Pick Up and Other Information
Travel Times from Sydney Airport to Hunter Valley
The Hunter Valley region is located about 120km to Sydney’s north. This means that many conventional methods of transport won’t be feasible from the airport to the Hunter Valley. With Car Australia, however, this is not a problem. Our professional drivers can take you there in comfort and style. The drive itself can take around 2 hours and 10 minutes either way, although this does vary depending on traffic conditions.
Peak Hour Travel Times:
- Airport to Hunter Valley – between 130 and 180 minutes
- Hunter Valley to airport – between 130 and 160 minutes
Off Peak Travel Times:
- Airport to Hunter Valley – between 120 and 160 minutes
- Hunter Valley to airport – between 120 and 170 minutes
Sydney Airport Pick Up and Information
The Sydney domestic airport terminal has a slightly different configuration to the international terminal, but disabled facilities are available at both. The international airport has an express pick up section, which is marked with yellow signs and located in the P9 car park at T1. Here, you can wait for 15 minutes with no charge. To drop off passengers, you will have to go to the departure level at T1, but you cannot wait here for more than a minute or so.
The domestic airport, on the other hand, has numerous pick up and drop off options. These include:
- Drop offs on the departures level at both domestic terminals. For reasons of traffic flow, you can only wait here for a minute. There are also kerbside pick up spots available at the arrivals level of T2 and T3. However, for security reasons, you must remain in your car.
- There is a priority pick up facility just four minutes’ walk from the terminals. You can wait here for a fee, which begins at $4. The green signs will lead you to this area from both the road and the arrivals hall.
- Express pick up is another of your options at the domestic terminals. It takes about 8 minutes to reach this area from the terminals and there is a series of yellow signs to direct drivers and passengers alike.
- Another of the domestic airport’s pick up facilities is the Blue Emu pick up section. This is a short distance from the terminals, and a bus connects them. This bus leaves every ten to fifteen minutes from the front of the terminal. It takes about ten minutes to reach the Blue Emu section. This area is well signed and drivers should be able to see it to their left when driving in along the M5.
Hunter Valley Pick Up and Information
The Hunter Valley is full of attractions. These include Pokolbin – Australia’s oldest wine region – as well as wine tasting tours, hot air ballooning, and even seasonal festivals. To make your time there as enjoyable as possible, our professional chauffeurs can collect you from anywhere in the Hunter Valley region. Whether you are exploring the famous wine regions or enjoying the area’s many other attractions, our drivers can collect you with ease.