Journey: Sydney Airport To Chatswood
If you have to get from Sydney airport to Chatswood, you are not short of transport options. Sydney airport, which is located 8km south of the CBD in Mascot, has a wide range of transport including trains, buses and taxis to name a few. However, the best option available to you is an airport transfer or shuttle from Car Australia.
Chatswood is located to the north of Sydney, about 35 minutes from the airport. This means that the cost of a taxi probably won’t reflect the service you receive. It also means that public transport can take too long. With Car Australia, on the other hand, you get exceptional service from a professional chauffeur. Not only that, but you also get pricing that is on par with the alternative transport options. This makes Car Australia the standout choice for your journey from Sydney airport to Chatswood.
Modern, sophisticated and comprehensively equipped luxury vehicles. The perfect combination of value and style.
- Book Now
Smooth & luxurious. The Audi Q7 is where sporty and elegant styling combine to create a vehicle of impeccable style with the luggage space that no sedan can match.
- Book Now
Our luxury people movers include the Mercedes V Class and Viano with features normally associated with premium sedans. Room for 7 passengers and a luggage trailer.
- Book Now
Ready for your executive, family or group requirements. These multi-purpose vehicles include the Mercedes Sprinter and combine comfort, space and style.
- Book Now
More vehicle types available from our partner Hughes:
Big on style and performance, we have some of the world’s truly great sedans including BMW, Mercedes and Audi luxury models.
- Book Via Hughes
Luxury finally meets size. Come and experience our market-leading large coach service. Fantastic coach drivers perfectly match our new fleet of coaches.
- Book Via Hughes
Chatswood to Sydney Airport: Important Information
Both Sydney airport and Chatswood are large areas, with a great deal of activity within them. The airport, in particular, is a bustling hive of activity, with abundant retail outlets, restaurants, bars, lounges and nearby accommodation. To make your trip easier, we have compiled a few important facts about both Sydney airport and Chatswood.
Pick Up and Other Information
Sydney Airport to Chatswood Travel Times
Chatswood is one of Sydney’s major residential and commercial districts. It is about 22km from the airport and the average time taken for this trip is around 35 – 39 mimutes. However, during periods of heavy traffic or congestion, your journey will potentially be considerably longer. That is something worth keeping in mind if you are making plans or booking appointments.
Peak Hour Travel Times:
- Airport to Chatswood – between 26 and 65 minutes
- Chatswood to airport – between 26 and 45 minutes
Off Peak Travel Times:
- Airport to Chatswood – between 22 and 35 minutes
- Chatswood to airport – between 22 and 35 minutes
Pick up Information for Sydney Airport
Sydney airport comprises two domestic terminals and one international terminal. Throughout all terminals, you will have access to free Wi-Fi, entertainment, shopping and, most importantly, pick up and drop off areas. In T1 – the international terminal – you can follow the yellow signs to get to the express pick up zone. This is situated within the P9 car park. You can get to the drop off zone by going to the departure level, but please note that you cannot wait in this area for more than a minute or so.
In the domestic terminals, you will have more pick up and drop off options. Some of your options are:
- Kerbside pick up and drop off on the arrivals and departures levels of T2 and T3. This includes disabled access.
- Priority pick up is approximately four minutes from the terminals, on foot. This area is marked with green signage from the arrivals forecourt for passengers, and upon entering the domestic precinct for drivers. Access to priority pick up begins at $4 for drivers, who must have an e-Tag to make the payment.
- Express pick up is the next option, located an eight minute walk from the terminals. There are yellow signs directing drivers and passengers to the express area, and these signs will direct drivers into the right lane of the precinct.
- The Blue Emu pick up facility is another great initiative by the Sydney airport. It is located off site a little way, but there is a shuttle bus that transports passengers between the terminals and the Blue Emu area every 10-15 minutes. It is well signed for drivers along the M5 and Ross Smith Avenue.
Pick up Information for Chatswood
Chatswood is one of Sydney’s most notable residential and business districts. As a result, it is a bustling area with plenty to do. To make sure that you get the most out of your time in the area, our professional Car Australia drivers can collect you from anywhere in Chatswood. So relax and enjoy the world-class accommodation, retail and dining opportunities, and let us take care of your travel arrangements.