Perth Airport is the transport hub of Western Australia, with thousands of passengers passing through its doors each week. The airport is located about ten kilometres east of the city centre, and roughly 18 kilometres southwest of Swan Valley. To drive between the two takes about 22 minutes, depending on whether you’re going during rush hour or off-peak hours.
Other methods for getting from Perth Airport to Swan Valley include buses and trains, but it’s highly inconvenient with a travel time of over two hours, and multiple changes. A chauffeur-driven vehicle with Car Australia is by far the most convenient travel option—we will pick you up directly from the airport, and whisk you to Swan Valley via the quickest routes, making your journey as smooth as possible.
Our fleet can accommodate a variety of group sizes, from individuals travelling alone to large groups of up to 20, with vehicles that are modern, fuel-efficient, and environmentally-friendly. You can book these vehicles through our app, on our website, or by giving us a call. The app allows you to easily make changes to bookings, and track your vehicle every kilometre of the way.
More vehicle types available from our partner Hughes:
Big on style and performance, we have some of the world’s truly great sedans including BMW, Mercedes and Audi luxury models.
- Book Via Hughes
Luxury finally meets size. Come and experience our market-leading large coach service. Fantastic coach drivers perfectly match our new fleet of coaches.
- Book Via Hughes
Swan Valley to Perth Airport: A travel guide
We have put together some useful information for your journey if you have never travelled through Perth airport or Swan Valley before.
Pick Up and Other Information
Getting from Swan Valley to Perth Airport
Driving from Swan Valley to Perth Airport typically takes 22 minutes, but this can extend to 35 minutes in rush hour when traffic is at its heaviest.
Perth Airport terminals
Perth Airport is a vast international airport that has four passenger terminals. Terminal 1 offers both domestic and international flights for Qantas, Emirates, Malaysia Airlines, Virgin Australia, and Singapore Airlines. This terminal has four levels:
- The ground floor—this floor is where you’ll find the airport’s arrival and departure halls.
- Level 1—this floor has the information counter to get some help, and the outbound immigration desk.
- Level 2—this level is home to the airport’s various airline lounges, including for Emirates, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, and Singapore Airlines.
- Level 3—this is where you’ll find the restrooms.
Terminal 2 is domestic only, offering flights from Virgin, REX, and Alliance. Terminals 3 and 4 provide flights for Qantas and Jetstar, which covers international, interstate, and regional flights.
Perth Airport parking and pick-up
Perth Airport has a variety of parking options that should suit everyone’s needs.
- Long Term Parking—this is great for longer trips of days or weeks. It’s available in every terminal at the airport.
- Outdoor Long Term Car Park—this is also ideal for longer trips but is located away from the airport, so requires a 5-minute shuttle ride to reach (or a 10-minute walk if you fancy it). The bus runs from 4:30am to 11:20pm.
- Short Term Parking—this car park is best if you’re wanting to stop for an hour or more. It’s nice and close to the check-in terminal, and also available at every one of the airport’s terminals.
- Fast Track Business Parking—this car park is designed for business travellers who want to zip into the airport in under a minute. It’s expensive, but the most convenient parking option.
- Regional Terminal Parking—this is the park you’ll need if you’re travelling with Cobham, Maroomba, or Skipper and Networks.
If you’re wanting to pick someone up from the airport or drop them off, these are your choices:
- Pick-up and drop-off bays—the standard bays that you’ll find at the front of most airports. You won’t be able to wait here for any longer than two minutes.
- Park and wait—free parking of up to an hour in the Long Term Car Park, if your passenger is taking a bit longer than expected. Or you can pay just $10 for a four-hour stay, if they’re heavily delayed.
- Express pick up and drop-off—a five-minute waiting bay in T2 that allows you to pick up and drop off passengers.
Perth Airport facilities
Perth Airport has won multiple awards for its facilities. There’s plenty of duty-free shops, cafes, bars and restaurants to wile away the hours while you wait for your flights. It also has a dedicated play area for kids, and if you’d like to take a comfortable nap, there’s sleeping pods at T1 and showers to freshen up afterwards.
Airline lounges can be found in T1, and there’s also free Wi-Fi throughout the entire airport.
Swan Valley is a gorgeous rural region about 18 kilometres northeast of Perth. It’s famous for being the oldest wine region in WA, with vineyards that produce some of the country’s best wines. You’ll also find plenty of other things to do, including the Caversham Wildlife Park, the Sacred India Gallery, and Perth’s Outback Splash—a water park for the kids to enjoy.
No matter what your plans in Swan Valley, we can make your trip comfortable and convenient by taking care of your transport needs. We can pick you up from anywhere in Swan Valley, and take you where you need to go, whether a gorgeous vineyard, award-winning restaurant, or flying home from Perth Airport