Perth Airport is Western Australia’s primary transport hub, playing host to thousands of travellers every day. The airport is situated 10 kilometres each of the Perth CBD, and 13 kilometres to Northbridge. Average car travel time from Perth Airport to Northbridge is between 20 to 25 minutes, but this depends on whether you’re driving during rush hour.
You can get to the airport using a variety of methods, including buses, shuttles, taxis, rideshare options, and private hire cars. To make your trip from Perth Airport to Northbridge super easy and comfortable, Car Australia can provide you with a modern and affordable chauffeur-driven vehicle, picking you up from wherever you need in Northbridge. Being a part of Australia’s original limousine firm (Hughes Limousines), we have a vast infrastructure and huge fleet of vehicles, which allows us to provide a premium chauffeur service without a premium price tag.
Our fleet includes vehicles of various shapes and sizes, which can take solo travellers or groups of us to 20 people (for larger groups, you can book with our partner company Hughes). We are also passionate about the environment, so we only take on modern, fuel-efficient vehicles (including electric cars) to reduce our carbon footprint, and help tackle climate change.
Our cars can be booked easily through our new app, on our website, or by giving us a call. This allows you to make bookings quickly and efficiently, and track your vehicle during the journey. We take bookings 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so we’re always available to pick you up.
More vehicle types available from our partner Hughes:
Big on style and performance, we have some of the world’s truly great sedans including BMW, Mercedes and Audi luxury models.
- Book Via Hughes
Luxury finally meets size. Come and experience our market-leading large coach service. Fantastic coach drivers perfectly match our new fleet of coaches.
- Book Via Hughes
Northbridge to Perth Airport: A travel guide
Here’s the most important info you need to know about travelling from Northbridge to Perth Airport.
Pick Up and Other Information
Getting from Northbridge to Perth Airport
Travelling from Perth Airport to Northgate by cars takes an average of 25 minutes. During peak times, you can expect to travel from Northbridge to the airport in around 30 minutes. Off peak should take you just 18 minutes, and going the other way (airport to Northbridge) is only a 16-minute trip.
Perth Airport terminals
There’s four terminals at Perth Airport, which cater for both international and domestic travellers.
Terminal 1 offers international and domestic flights, with airlines including Emirates, Qantas, Malaysia Airlines, and Singapore Airlines, and Virgin Australia (interstate and regional). This terminal is split into four levels:
- Ground floor: the arrival and departure halls.
- Level 1: information counter and outbound immigration.
- Level 2: airline lounges for Emirates, Qantas, Malaysia Airlines, and Singapore Airlines.
- Level 3: restrooms
Terminal 2 is domestic only, and has flights for Alliance Airline, Virgin, and REX Airlines. Terminals 3 and 4 both have flights from Qantas, which includes international, interstate, and regional flights, and also Jetstar which provides interstate and regional flights only.
Perth Airport parking and pick-up
As Western Australia’s main flying hub, Perth Airport has plenty of parking options to choose from. Here they are in full.
- Long Term Parking: this is perfect for longer trips, where you’d like to park for days or weeks. It’s available in every terminal.
- Outdoor Long Term Car Park is a cheaper alternative to the on-site long term parking, and just a five-minute free shuttle ride to the terminal, or a 10-minute walk. The shuttle bus runs from 4:30am to 11:20pm.
- Short Term Parking is better-suited to short parks, paid for by the hour. It’s close to the check-in terminal, and available at every terminal.
- Fast Track Business Parking is an expensive but extremely handy option—just a one-minute walk from the check-in desks. There’s 230 undercover, wide parking bays.
- Regional Terminal Parking is ideal for anyone travelling with Cobham, Maroomba, or Skippers and Networks airlines.
If you’re picking someone up or dropping them off, there’s a few options:
- Pick-up and drop-off bays—you can pick up or drop off passengers at the front of the terminal. You won’t be able to stop here for any longer than needed.
- Park and wait—park for up to an hour for free in the Long Term Car Park, and once ready, head to the pick-up bay to grab your passenger. Or if they’re delayed, you can pay $10 to stay for four hours.
- Express pick up and drop-off—T2 has a five-minute waiting bay area where you can easily pick up passengers.
Perth Airport facilities
Perth Airport is an award-winning airport with awesome facilities. There’s tons of duty-free shops, restaurants, and cafes for the adults, and a dedicated pay area for kids. If you’d like some shut-eye, you can check into the sleeping pods at T1, followed by a free shower. There’s also a dedicated place to store your baggage safely, postal services if you need them, and free Wi-Fi throughout the entire airport. You’ll never get bored!
If you happen to be an airline club member, you can take advantage of their excellent lounges in T1, and spend your waiting time topping up on free food and drink.
Northbridge is an inner-city Perth suburb connected by the Fremantle & Joondalup rail lines. It’s a multicultural area with a vast array of cuisine, with emphasis on Asian and Mediterranean restaurants. It also boasts Perth’s most vibrant nightlife district, on James Street and Lake Street. And if you’re keen to check out some free movies, sport events, or live music, you’ll want to visit the Northbridge Piazza—an open air communal space for this purpose.
Northbridge has plenty to do, and we can pick you up from wherever you’ll happen to be. We’re just a quick phone call or app booking away.