Perth Airport is an international airport located about ten kilometres east of the city centre, and roughly 11 kilometers from the suburb of East Perth. To travel from Perth Airport to East Perth takes about 18 minutes, depending on whether you’re driving in rush hour traffic.
Being such a large airport, Perth Airport has lots of transport options including buses, trains, taxis, and rideshares. But if you’re looking for a premium, competitively-priced travel option, Car Australia can collect you from the airport and take you directly to East Perth (or visa versa), taking the fastest route that avoids rush hour traffic where possible. Our aim is to provide you with a travel option that is comfortable, convenient, and stress-free.
Our fleet includes vehicles of various types and sizes, accommodating solo travellers and large groups alike (up to 20 people in our minibus). We ensure that our vehicles are modern and fuel-efficient, so that our carbon footprint is reduced, and we help to protect our planet from climate change.
You can book one of our vehicles through our new app, on our website, or by giving us a call—whichever you prefer. Our app allows you to make quick and easy changes to your booking, and use GPS tracking to identify your vehicle’s location along its journey. We take bookings 24/7, so will always be available to take care of your journey from the airport to East Perth.
More vehicle types available from our partner Hughes:
Big on style and performance, we have some of the world’s truly great sedans including BMW, Mercedes and Audi luxury models.
- Book Via Hughes
Luxury finally meets size. Come and experience our market-leading large coach service. Fantastic coach drivers perfectly match our new fleet of coaches.
- Book Via Hughes
East Perth To Perth Airport: A travel guide
To help you plan your journey from the airport to East Perth, we have put together some useful information including travel time and navigating Perth airport.
Pick Up and Other Information
Getting from East Perth To Perth Airport
Driving from East Perth to Perth Airport takes about 18 minutes during off-peak hours, and up to 30 minutes in the heaviest traffic.
Perth Airport terminals
Perth Airport is Western Australia’s primary transport hub, and has the size to prove it. There’s four terminals in total, which cater for both international and domestic flights.
Terminal 1 offers international and domestic flights with Qantas, Virgin Australia (interstate and regional), Emirates, Singapore Airlines, and Malaysia Airlines. The terminal has four levels: the ground floor where you’ll find its arrival and departure halls, level 1 where you’ll find the information counter and outbound immigration, level 2 which is home to the airline lounges, and level 3 which has its restrooms.
Terminal 2 provides domestic flights only, with airlines Virgin, REX, and Alliance. Terminals 3 and 4 offer flights from Qantas and Jetstar, both of which include international, interstate and regional flights.
Perth Airport parking and pick-up
Perth Airport has tons of parking options, suited for a variety of scenarios.
- Long Term Parking is where you’ll want to park for long trips of days, weeks, or months. It’s a short walk to the check-in desks, and is available in every terminal.
- Outdoor Long Term Car Park is the cheaper long-term park, which you can access via a 5-minute shuttle bus that runs from 4:30am to 11:20pm.
- Short Term Parking is for stays by the hour, and is suited for those who want to meet people in the terminal.
- Fast Track Business Parking is the closest parking option to the terminal—just a one-minute walk. It’s suited for business travellers, and is the most expensive option.
- Regional Terminal Parking is best suited when flying with Cobham, Maroomba, or Skippers and Networks airlines.
If you’re planning on picking someone up or dropping them off, these are your options:
- Pick-up and drop-off bays—these are at the front of the terminal, and you won’t be able to stop for any longer than a couple of minutes.
- Park and wait—you can park for free up to an hour in the Long Term Car Park, and then head to the pick-up bay when ready. Alternatively, it costs $10 for a four-hour stay.
- Express pick up and drop-off—this is a five-minute waiting bay in T2, where you can pick up and drop off passengers.
Perth Airport facilities
Perth Airport is a mammoth airport that has won various awards for its exceptional facilities. You can wander around its duty-free shops, refuel in its tasty cafes, bars, and restaurants, or take the kids to a dedicated play area to blow off some steam. There’s also sleeping pods at T1, and showers to freshen up in.
If you’re an airline club member, you can find lounges in T1.
East Perth is an inner-city suburb that skirts the eastern edge of the CBD. It sits along the waterfront and boasts plenty of chic bars and seafood restaurants, offering gorgeous views of the Swan River. It’s a bustling urban suburb with a beautiful backdrop.
Being smack bang in the middle of the city, East Perth has plenty to do. You can visit the Perth Mint museum and learn about the city’s financial past, visit the Supreme Court Gardens with its classic European style, or have a flutter on the horses at the historic Gloucester Park.
Whatever your plans in East Perth, we can take care of your transportation needs and make your trip as comfortable and convenient as possible. Get in touch today to make a booking.