St Kilda is a beachside suburb on the southside of Melbourne. It’s approximately 30 kilometres away, which takes up to 50 minutes to drive during rush hour, or 30 minutes in off-peak hours.
As one of Australia’s biggest cities, Melbourne can be stressful to get around, especially when driving. For a convenient, stress-free option, Car Australia can provide you with an affordable chauffeur service, picking you up from anywhere in St Kilda, or at Melbourne Airport. Our goal is to make your journey as easy as possible, which is why we’ve made booking super simple using our mobile app, including kilometre-by-kilometre GPS tracking for your car.
We provide a variety of transport options to suit individual travellers or groups of up to 20, and our vehicles are environmentally-friendly, to ensure we’re doing our bit for the planet. You can book our vehicles 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and we can pick you whenever you need us to, day or night.
More vehicle types available from our partner Hughes:
Big on style and performance, we have some of the world’s truly great sedans including BMW, Mercedes and Audi luxury models.
- Book Via Hughes
Luxury finally meets size. Come and experience our market-leading large coach service. Fantastic coach drivers perfectly match our new fleet of coaches.
- Book Via Hughes
St Kilda to Melbourne Airport: Journey information
We have put together some useful information to help you plan your journey including travel times and an airport guide to help you navigate Melbrouen Airport.
Pick Up and Other Information
Getting from St Kilda to Melbourne Airport
Driving from St Kilda to Melbourne Airport takes approximately 30 minutes outside of rush hour, and up to 50 minutes in the busiest periods. You can take a tram and buses if you prefer, but expect to travel for well over an hour. There’s also the airport’s Skybus, which travels directly to Carlisle Street in St Kilda every 30 minutes, and costs between $18 and $21.
Melbourne Airport terminals
There’s four Melbourne Airport terminals in total, which are a mixture of domestic and international.
- T1—domestic, for Qantas flights.
- T2—international, and home to a large number of airlines including Emirates, Qantas, Cathay Pacific, Etihad, Fiji Airways, and Jetstar. You can see the full list of airlines here.
- T3—domestic, for Virgin Australia, Skywest, and REX Airlines.
- T4—domestic, for Jetstar flights.
Melbourne Airport parking and pick-up
There’s three different parking options available at Melbourne Airport:
- Value Car Park—this is perfect for long term stays, and costs just $12 per day. It’s accessible via a free courtesy bus that runs from 4 am to 1 pm.
- Terminal Car Park—this park is best for short hourly stops and costs $15 per hour (or free for 15 minutes).
- Premium Car Park—this park is the most expensive of the three because it’s just a 1-minute walk to the terminals. It’s broken into self parking, business parking, and valet parking, all of which have their own rates (check out the airport’s website to get a quote).
Picking up and dropping off is easy too, with designated pick-up and drop-off zones outside the front of T2. There’s also a waiting zone on Mercer Drive, which you can stop at free for up to 30 minutes if your friends or family are a little delayed.
Melbourne Airport facilities
Melbourne Airport has a deluge of cafes, bars, and restaurants, as well as the usual shops, pharmacies, postal facilities, and more. You can grab a coffee at the Flat Chat Cafe, an Aussie souvenir at the Australian Produce Store, or grab a healthy fruit-packed beverage at Boost Juice. Check out the airport’s website for a full list of shops and facilities.
St Kilda is a famous beachside suburb of Melbourne, popular with backpackers and locals alike. It’s home to the thrilling Luna Park, historic sea baths, and penguins that gather on the breakwater at dusk. You can also visit the gorgeous botanical gardens, catch a show at the Palais Theatre, or brush up on your history at the Jewish Museum of Australia.
This suburb is packed with things to do, so you won’t be disappointed.