Adelaide Airport is an international airport located 6 kilometres west of the city, skirting the eastern edge of West Beach. It is Australia’s fifth busiest airport, servicing 8.5 million passengers in 2019.
The airport is approximately 25 minutes away from Port Adelaide, depending on the time of day that you’re travelling. It can be accessed with a number of travel options, including buses, taxis, and chauffeured cars. For a high-quality, affordable option, Car Australia can provide you with a private chauffeur-driven vehicle, collecting you from the airport’s designated pick-up area, or anywhere in Port Adelaide. We endeavour to make your trip as comfortable and convenient as possible, and because we have such a vast infrastructure and expansive fleet of vehicles, we can provide this to you at a competitive price.
We have a range of vehicle sizes in our fleet, from sedans to minibuses, allowing us to accommodate various group sizes (up to 20 people). We’re also passionate advocates for fighting climate change, and ensure that our fleet includes modern, fuel-efficient vehicles (including electric cars), so that we can reduce our carbon footprint. Booking a vehicle is quick and easy. You can give us a call, or book online. We take bookings 24/7, so you can rest assured that we’ll always be available to pick you up from Adelaide Airport or Port Adelaide.
More vehicle types available from our partner Hughes:
Big on style and performance, we have some of the world’s truly great sedans including BMW, Mercedes and Audi luxury models.
- Book Via Hughes
Luxury finally meets size. Come and experience our market-leading large coach service. Fantastic coach drivers perfectly match our new fleet of coaches.
- Book Via Hughes
Port Adelaide to Adelaide Airport: a travel guide
Here’s everything you need to know about getting from Port Adelaide to Adelaide Airport.
Pick Up and Other Information
Getting from Port Adelaide to Adelaide Airport
To get from Port Adelaide to Adelaide Airport by car, you can expect to travel for an average of 25 minutes. In rush hour, this is pushed up 28 minutes, and 30 minutes for the return journey. In the quieter hours, going from the airport to Port Adelaide takes about 20 minutes, and just 18 minutes for the return trip.
Adelaide Airport terminals
Adelaide Airport has one passenger terminal, which caters for both domestic and international flights. Its airlines include:
- International flights: Air New Zealand, Cathay Pacific, China Southern, Jetstar, Malaysia Airlines, Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines
- Domestic flights: Jetstar, Qantas, Rex, Virgin
- Regional flights: Alliance, Cobham, Qantas, QantasLink, Rex
Adelaide Airport parking and pick-up
Adelaide Airport has a few different parking options:
- Terminal Car Park: there’s a multi-level, secure car park just a few minutes (undercover) walk from the terminal. This is ideal for business travellers, as well as those who want to meet their friends and family at the arrivals gate. The car park includes 48 disability parking spaces, and four spaces on Level 2 for electric vehicles.
- Long Term Car Park (Outdoor): this car park is a short 5-minute shuttle ride from the terminal, and is suitable for those who want to leave their vehicle for days or weeks. The shuttle service runs from 4:30am to 11:20pm.
- Pick-up and drop-off: you can pick up or drop off passengers outside the front of the terminal, on Sir Richard Williams Avenue (check out this Ground map for the exact location). When stopping, be sure to do so in the far left lane, to prevent traffic from building up.
Adelaide Airport facilities
Adelaide Airport has excellent facilities that are sure to keep you entertained. You can take a wander through its various shops (including specialty shops for kids), grab a bite to eat at a restaurant, or relax with a glass of wine in one of its bars before your flight. There’s also postal services if you need to send something. If you’re stopping over for a longer period and would like to get some sleep, the Atura Hotel can be accessed directly from the airport.
If you’re an airline club member, you can find lounges for Rex, Virgin, and Qantas scattered throughout departures. Free Wi-Fi is also available in all public areas.
Historical Port Adelaide
Port Adelaide is a portside region in the city, located around 14 kilometres northwest of the city centre. It’s known for its preserved 19th-century pubs and hotels, including the famous British Hotel that has been tipping beers since 1847. There’s also a strong sports tradition, with the region being home to AFL club Port Adelaide, founded in 1870.
There’s plenty to do outdoors too, with multiple parks to relax in, including the recently-refurbished Hart’s Mill precinct which had a whopping $2 million invested into it.
Regardless of where you’ll be in Port Adelaide, Car Australia can provide you with comfortable and convenient transportation, to take you where you need to go. We can pick you up from anywhere in Port Adelaide, at any time of day or night.