Adelaide Airport is six kilometres west of Adelaide’s CBD, and sits along the eastern side of West Beach. It’s the fifth busiest airport in Australia, with millions of domestic and international travellers passing through its doors every year.
Clare Valley is about 140 kilometres north of Adelaide and takes about an hour and 50 minutes to drive, depending on traffic conditions. As a fairly remote spot in SA, there are no public transport options available, so you’ll either have to figure out the route yourself, or consider the less stressful and more comfortable option: a chauffeur-driven vehicle with Car Australia.
Our goal is to make your journey as smooth and convenient as possible. We’ll pick you up directly from the airport, and take you on the fastest route to Clare Valley, avoiding the traffic hotspots on the way. Our fleet includes vehicles of various types and sizes, accommodating single travellers to groups of up to 20, and every one of them modern, fuel-efficient, and carbon-friendly.
You can book our vehicles 24 hours a day, seven days a week. To make a booking simply give us a call, or make a booking on our website.
More vehicle types available from our partner Hughes:
Big on style and performance, we have some of the world’s truly great sedans including BMW, Mercedes and Audi luxury models.
- Book Via Hughes
Luxury finally meets size. Come and experience our market-leading large coach service. Fantastic coach drivers perfectly match our new fleet of coaches.
- Book Via Hughes
Clare Valley to Adelaide Airport: A travel guide
To make sure you have a comfortable journey from the airport to Clare Valley. we have put together some useful information below.
Pick Up and Other Information
Getting from Adelaide Airport to Clare Valley
Driving from Adelaide Airport to Clare Valley takes about an hour and 50 minutes to drive, with an extra ten minutes or so added for peak hours.
Adelaide Airport terminals
There’s one large passenger terminal at Adelaide Airport that caters for both international and domestic flights. You can find these airlines at the airport:
- Regional flights: Alliance, Cobham, Qantas, QantasLink, Rex
- Domestic flights: Jetstar, Qantas, Rex, Virgin
- International flights: Air New Zealand, Cathay Pacific, China Southern, Jetstar, Malaysia Airlines, Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines
Adelaide Airport parking and pick-up
Whether you’re picking someone up, meeting someone at the gate, or taking a trip yourself, there’s plenty of parking options to suit your needs.
- Terminal Car Park: this multi-level car park is great for those travelling on business, or for anyone wanting to meet their loved ones at the arrivals gate. It’s a multi-level secure car park directly connected to the terminal, with just a few minutes walk between them. It has 48 disabilities parking spots and four spaces for electric vehicles on level 2.
- Long Term Car Park (Outdoor): this car park is better suited for longer stays of a day or more. You’ll need to catch a shuttle from the car park to the airport, which takes just five minutes and runs from 4:30am to 11:20pm.
- Pick-up and drop-off: if you need to pick someone up or drop them off, you can do so on Sir Richard Williams Avenue at the front of the terminal. Be sure to stick to the far left lane when stopping, to keep traffic flowing and avoid getting a fine.
Adelaide Airport facilities
There’s plenty to do in Adelaide Airport during your stay, including the usual shops, tasty cafes and restaurants, and bars to relax in. Or if your stopover is longer than usual, you can check into the Atura Hotel directly next to the airport, and have a comfortable sleep. There’s also airline lounges for Virgin, Qantas, and Rex, where you can relax and enjoy the free food and drinks.
Wi-Fi is also available in every public area of the airport, so you can save on your mobile data.
Clare Valley is roughly 140 kilometres north of Adelaide and is one of the country’s original wine regions. Its rolling hills and vast vineyards create absolutely gorgeous scenery, scattered with lovely little bed and breakfasts and country pubs. If you’ve had your fill of wine and food, you can immerse yourself in the local art and culture, or hire a bicycle for a ride through the region’s winding roads and rolling hills. There’s something for everyone in Clare Valley!
Let us take care of your transportation needs, and make your trip as stress-free as possible. We’ll pick you up from Adelaide Airport and take you directly to Clare Valley, and then whisk you back to the airport when it’s time for home.